The best financial planner Michelle Singletary ever knew was Big Mama, her grandmother. Big Mama raised Michelle and her four brothers and sisters on a salary that never reached more than $13,000 a year. Yet at her death, Big Mama owned her own home, had paid off a car loan, and had a beautiful collection of Sunday-go-to-meeting church hats and a savings account that supplemented her Social Security check and small pension. Most important, she had taught Michelle 7 Money Mantras for a Richer Life. Those mantras serve as the inspiration for this straight-talking book of practical personal financial advice that really works.
The 7 Money Mantras are:
1. If it's on your ass, it's not an asset!
2. Is this a need or is it a want?
3. Sweat the small stuff.
4. Cash is better than credit.
5. Keep it simple.
6. Priorities lead to prosperity.
7. Enough is enough. In a plainspoken, sassy, non-nonsense voice, Michelle provides answers to the financial issues that confront almost every household: how to teach children the value of money; how to address money issues in a relationship or marriage; household saving tips; getting the best loans; and much more. With humor and down-home financial wisdom, Michelle Singletary offers practical and realistic advice that will help you live well with the money you have.
"Singletary's emphasis on simplicity and common sense make this an excellent primer for the novice financial planner." (Publishers Weekly)
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail mit den Details zu Ihrer Bestellung Bestellnummer:
Öffnen Sie Ihre Bibliothek, um diesen Titel anzuhören.