Not so much.
Regulärer Preis: 43,95 €
Für 1 Guthaben kaufen
Für 43,95 € kaufen
Von Sudan Martin Jackson Am hilfreichsten 11.08.2017
Repetitive and annoying
Würden Sie es noch mit einem anderen Hörbuch von Craig Alanson und/oder R.C. Bray versuchen?
I liked Book 1. There were some small things about it that didn't quite sit right, but overall the author wrote a compelling story that made me want to see how it progresses.
This book is horrible. Let me tell you why:
1) The Author repeats some things over and over to the point of being annoying. It doesn't help progress the story, it feels like "filler". Things like "stupid" monkeys, The AI being upset that Humans could think up their own good plans, the explanation of the "jump-tech" and what would happen if not used correctly, "we can't leave any trace out here", "I have to be a Colonel now, but I'm still only a grunt", The special forces are so much better than I am, ..., and so on.
2) The story is just a long, drawn-out description of how Spec-Ops teams plan and execute their actions. That's it.
3) Any time elements were introduced to the story that gave it a bit more "mystery" - these elements were then abandoned for hours on end to make room for more of the redundancies mentioned under 1) and the "un-story"-like elements from 2)
4) The thing with the AI was just too much. We get it. We got it in Book 1. It was supposed to be some sort of comic relief, and a Deus Ex Machina device - but this all got used SO MUCH that it made me start skipping long stretches just to not have to hear it again.
5) Almost every "heart-pounding" moment where we were supposed to feel like "what's going to happen now", was ruined by the fact that we knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. Everything was 100% predictable. And some times to a point where I said to myself "please don't use this cliche, please don't go down that cheesy route, please don't screw this up with this dumbed-down explanation...". And then the Author did exactly that
This is rubbish.
Wie hat Ihnen R.C. Bray als Sprecher gefallen? Warum?
The speaker is fantastic.
Welche Emotionen hat dieses Hörbuch bei Ihnen ausgelöst? Ärger, Betroffenheit, Enttäuschung?
Was wäre für andere Hörer sonst noch hilfreich zu wissen, um das Hörbuch richtig einschätzen zu können?
Save your money.
2 von 3 Hörern fanden diese Rezension hilfreich