Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Sprecher: Marc Thompson
- Serie: Star Wars: Legends, Star Wars: The Old Republic - Legends, Titel 1
- Spieldauer: 13 Std. und 48 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
- Erscheinungsdatum: 20.07.2010
- Sprache: Englisch
- Anbieter: Random House Audio
- Whispersync for Voice verfügbar
Tassaa Bareesh, a matriarch in the Hutt crime cartel, is holding an auction that’s drawing attention from across the galaxy. Representatives of both the Republic and the Sith Empire are present, along with a Jedi Padawan sent to investigate, a disenfranchised trooper drummed out of the Republic’s elite Blackstar Squad, and a mysterious Mandalorian with a private agenda. But the Republic’s envoy is not what he seems, the Empire’s delegate is a ruthless Sith apprentice, the Jedi Padawan is determined to do the right thing and terrified that he can’t, the trooper hopes to redeem her reputation, and the Mandalorian is somehow managing to keep one step ahead of everyone.
None of these guests—invited or uninvited—have any intention of participating in the auction. Instead they plan to steal the prize, which is locked inside an impregnable vault: two burned chunks of an exploded star cruiser, one of which may hold the key to the wealth of an entire world.
But the truth about the treasure is dangerous and deadly. And in the end, Sith and Jedi, Republic and Empire, must do something they’ve never done before, something that all the agents of good and evil could never make them do: join together to stop a powerful threat that could destroy the galaxy.
Regulärer Preis: 38,95 €
Für 1 Guthaben kaufen
Für 38,95 € kaufen
Von Amazon Kunde Am hilfreichsten 07.09.2010
Eines der besten Hörbücher, die ich in der letzen Zeit gehört habe! Spannend, viel Action, gute Charaktere, gut gelesen...
Wo es in den letzten Jahren viele mittelmäßige Star Wars Bücher gab, sticht dieses wirklich heraus, würde mich mal interessieren, ob die Reihe fortgesetzt wird...
6 von 7 Hörern fanden diese Rezension hilfreich
Von Anonymer Hörer Am hilfreichsten 15.03.2018
Decent book, too loud sound effects
This audiobook could get four to five stars due to an fascinatingly unusual story, great characters and solid storytelling, if I had not have problems understanding the speaker. The reasons for just three stars are the following:
- Too weird vioces. A few characters, most of them aliens, have voices so strange that I (as a non-native english speaker) had serious problems understanding.
- Changes of volume. Some voices are so loud and high that it hurt in my ears. Others are so silent that I barely heard them and had to turn up the volume.
- Most importantly, the sound effects are too many and especially too loud and badly timed. I see that sound effects can help to follow what's happening when there's a word or two that you don't understand, especially for non-native speakers like me. But often times in this audiobook a blaster fire or an explosion overlaid the speakers voice so I did not understand him even after several tries.
Besides these things I really liked the speakers performance. He had (besides those mentioned above) very understandable and still recognizeable voices for most characters and a convienient natural voice as well.
Despite the sound effect-inflation it was worth the time and I think I chaught up with the main story, just as most of the side-strings ;)